At the High Tech Connections symposium in San Jose, Calif., ZDNet editor in chief Dan Farber talks with Phillip Bond, Under Secretary of Commerce for Technology at the U.S. Department of Commerce. In a Face to Face interview, Bond discusses the exodus of high-technology jobs to foreign countries, nanotechnology and President Bush's recent announcement to send a man to Mars.
At OracleWorld in San Francisco, Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina lists the five challenges of grid computing and what HP is doing to meet them.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks