At the High Tech Connections symposium in San Jose, Calif., ZDNet editor in chief Dan Farber talks with Phillip Bond, Under Secretary of Commerce for Technology at the U.S. Department of Commerce. In a Face to Face interview, Bond discusses the exodus of high-technology jobs to foreign countries, nanotechnology and President Bush's recent announcement to send a man to Mars.
At OracleWorld in San Francisco, Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina lists the five challenges of grid computing and what HP is doing to meet them.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers
- 2 Hands-on with Windows 10: Installing the latest Technical Preview
- 3 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 4 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 5 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)