Singapore government should take the lead by buying from local tech startups as well as introduce a special class of work visas to drive innovation and attract talent in the country, suggest participants in a ZDNet online dialogue.
IT leaders should map existing projects to their company's targets and better demonstrate how their investments are paying dividends in order to get funding support and avoid cuts, say panelists at ZDNet's TechBizz in Mumbai.
While jumping on the cloud bandwagon might help save on upfront expenditure, the ZDNet Techbizz panel in Mumbai discusses whether the cost of additional licenses when scaling up can outweigh the benefits.
Regions looking to emulate Silicon Valley should avoid going head-to-head with it, says Robert Scoble, Rackspace startup liaison officer.
ZDNet spoke with the printers, software, and managed services company's managing director Nick Kugenthiran about his past as a sailor and how that has helped him succeed in the IT industry.
Driven by the varying needs of employees, customers, and business partners, CIOs today are struggling to figure out the best model to drive their company's ICT needs, say panelists at ZDNet TechBizz dialogue in Singapore.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks