NASA's Nicholas Skytland explains how NASA had to build its own big data capabilities and how it's dealing with the enormous data sets from space missions.
Jon Parks of Grapevine Technologies explains the impact that big data is having in health care and how the ultimate end game is predictive analytics.
Ford's Michael Cavaretta explains how machine-to-machine communications and the Internet of Things will combine with Big Data to provide some big benefits for business.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)