Chipmaker AMD is looking to hire a CPU performance engineer to help optimize the company's graphics drivers with an eye to improving CPU gaming performance.
The job description states that the successful applicant will be "working with highly talented 3D graphics driver developers to optimize graphics drivers," and goes on to outline what the job will cover:
- Analyzing CPU bound benchmarks and games to identify a variety of CPU bottlenecks in drivers
- Optimizing the drivers
- Providing optimization actions to ISVs (independent software vendors)
AMD is currently putting a lot of effort into the software side of things with technologies such as Mantle, HSA and Omega drivers. It's also interesting to note that AMD is planning to start giving optimization feedback to ISVs, which is something that the likes of Intel and Nvidia are already doing.
- Tech essentials for the office and when on the road
- Crapware: Why manufacturers install it, what you can do about it, and why it's not going to go away
- Five months on and iOS 8 is still riddled with show-stopping bugs
- Give your notebook a storage upgrade
- Parallels Desktop 10 now makes it easy for Mac users to download and run Windows 10 (for free)