Google has steadily improved the Android Market over the last few months, and now in-app billing is almost ready.
If you're an app developer, then you can get started with uploading and testing your apps right away. The rest of us, however, will have to wait until at least next week to see the new feature in action - barring any setbacks or launch delays.
In case you're not familiar with in-app billing, it is intended to be convenient for customers and help monetize apps further for developers. Users will be able to track and manage in-app purchases. Developers will be able to dabble with additional billing models such as upgrades and "try-and-buy."
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Android vs. iPhone for business: 5 questions to answer
- Market moves: Android Market opens to paid applications
- Foodspotting Lite app arrives in the Android Market; also hiring developers
- Amazon launches Android Appstore: Trial balloon ahead of a tablet?
- Android Market for business coming next week