Apple has released an update for early 2011 MacBook Pro systems, an update that potentially fixes the 'hard freeze' issue reported earlier.
Here's what the 370MB update is supposed to do:
- Improve the reliability of Back to My Mac
- Resolve an issue when transferring files to certain SMB servers
- Address various minor Mac App Store bugs
- Address minor FaceTime performance issues
- Improve graphics stability and external display compatibility
This update is part of the family of OS X 10.6.7 updates released today:
- Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update (475MB)
- Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update Combo (1.12GB)
- Mac OS X Server 10.6.7 Update (541MB)
- Mac OS X Server 10.6.7 Update Combo (1.15GB)
- Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update for early 2011 MacBook Pro (368MB)
The update is also available via Apple Software Update.
If you've got a new MacBook Pro system that's suffering from the 'hard freeze' problem, give this update a try and let me know if it works.