Asus becomes the first hardware manufacturer to offer a consumer desktop motherboard that supports all NVM Express storage device types.
The high-end TUF Sabertooth X99 not only brings quality "server-grade reliability" components and high-end design, but also an M.2 Socket 3 port which supports high-speed mini-SAS HD SSDs, PCI Express, and M.2 PCI Express drives.
There are also two USB 3.1 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, another four USB 2.0 ports, and a vast array of other ports and connectors, including the pins of the board to support Thunderbolt.
The board also features TUF Detective, which allows it to connect to an Android smartphone for monitoring key parameters, detecting and diagnosing errors, and controlling the PC's power status.
Other features include:
- Ultra-fast 10Gb/s USB 3.1 built in to the board
- Patent Pending OC Socket
- Thermal Armor: Airflow-boosting heat dissipation
- TUF Fortifier: Damage Protection and Improved Cooling
- Thermal Radar 2: Customized Fan Tuning, Complete System Cooling
- TUF Components: High-grade Ti-Caps, chokes & MOSFETs
The Asus TUF Sabertooth X99willbe available shortly, and will have a recommended price of $350.