It's been a busy few days for the mobile giant AT&T, with the company activating more than 1 million iPhone 4S handsets by Tuesday.
This makes it the most successful iPhone launch in the company's history, which considering that up until recently AT&T was an exclusive carrier for the iPhone in the US is saying something.
"It's no surprise that customers are clamoring for iPhone 4S and they want it to run on a network that lets them download twice as fast as competitors'," said Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobility & Consumer Markets.
Earlier this week Apple announced that it had sold a total of 4 million iPhone 4S handsets over the launch weekend and that 25 million devices had been upgraded to iOS 5.
Here's AT&T's promo video ...
- iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II ... The drop test
- iPhone 4S: Notifications, Location Services, the bane of good battery life
- Five iOS 5 secrets
- Some more iOS 5 secrets
- Poll: Do you like your new iPhone 4S?
- iPhone 4S weekend sales top 4 million
- 5 Good apps for the new iPhone 4S owner
- Why I ordered an iPhone 4S
- iPhones sales could beat the iPod this holiday quarter
- The hurdles to overcome for voice control
- I want my smartphone to “get” me