It's the latest news following the company decision to. (It will still manufacture e-book readers using electrophoretic ink, or e-ink, technology.)
B&N's new management structure looks like this:
- Leonard Riggio remains executive chairman.
- Michael Huseby will serve two roles: CEO of NOOK Media and president of Barnes & Noble. He will report to Riggio.
- Mitchell Klipper, CEO of the Barnes & Noble Retail Group, will also report to Riggio.
- Max Roberts, CEO of Barnes & Noble College, will report to Huseby.
- Allen Lindstrom is now CFO of B&N and will report to Huseby. He was VP and corporate comptroller.
- Kanuj Malhotra is now CFO of Nook Media. He was VP of corporate development.
"As the bookselling industry continues to undergo significant transformation," Riggio said, "we believe that Michael, Mitchell and Max are the right executives to lead us into the future." He added that the company is "reviewing its current strategic plan."