Choosing the right iPhone really is a no-brainer since there's only a small handful to choose from, but when it comes to Android handsets, there's a staggering array of choice.
I've distilled all the manufacturers and models available down to five handsets from Samsung, HTC, Motorola and LG that I think are the very best currently available.
All five of these Android smartphones are on par with the iPhone for quality, performance, and prestige, and all will help you get work done when you are away from your desk. All of these devices will also give you an excellent Android user experience (hint: if you want a pure Android experience, got for the Nexus).
As always, prices and availability will vary from carrier to carrier, and if you buy an unlocked handset, expect to pay a premium price upfront. However, unlocked handsets offer you the freedom to switch between carriers as you please, a feature that can be a real help to world travellers.
- If you want all those cool new iOS 9 features, it's time to buy a new iPad
- iOS 9: Will you be able to upgrade your iPhone or iPad?
- Apple takes aim at Android switchers with 'Move to iOS' app
- WWDC 2015: Apple jabs at Microsoft and Android over slow adoption rates
- WWDC 2015: Updating to iOS 9 to be a lot less painful
- New anti-theft feature coming to the Apple Watch