There's never been a better time to buy an Android smartphone. Not only is there a huge array of different handsets from a multitude of manufacturers to choose from, but what you get for your money is simply incredible.
This month we have a few new entries, including the new Nexus 6P and the LG V10.
All of these Android smartphones are on par with the iPhone for quality, performance, and prestige, and all will help you get work done when you are away from your desk. Due to popular demand, I've added a couple of budget smartphones that retail for around $200 too, including one that offers a high level of water resistance.
All of these devices not only feature quality hardware, they will also give you an excellent Android user experience (hint: if you want a pure Android experience, got for the Nexus).
As always, prices and availability will vary from carrier to carrier, and if you buy an unlocked handset, expect to pay a premium price upfront. However, unlocked handsets offer you the freedom to switch between carriers as you please, a feature that can be a real help to world travelers.
- A video tour of my favorite tools for building and repairing PCs and electronic devices
- Apple is turning iOS into an iTunes-like mess
- Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book mean business, but no big threat to Apple
- iOS 9 bugs are making me eye Android
- Windows 10 upgrade nags become more aggressive, offer no opt-out
- What you can - and can't - legally unlock or jailbreak