Black Friday is fast approaching, so retailers like Walmart have begun to drum up consumer excitement by launching early deals and teasing Black Friday ads loaded with their upcoming sales and all the best bargains to come this holiday season.
As a result, your news feeds are about to become cluttered with hundreds of deal posts. To help you wade through all the chaos, ZDNet is compiling the best deals -- plus everything you need to know about Black Friday 2019 -- in this helpful guide.
Best Black Friday 2019 deals: Retailers
Here are all the best Black Friday 2019 deals from retailers -- that have been announced so far. Some of them are early deals that are now available, while others are teases and won't actually go live until a specific date, so look out for that below.
Note: If there is no date mentioned, then it's now live.
- See it now: Amazon Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
Amazon has announced its pre-Black Friday 2019 sale. Here are a few of the highlights:
Starts Nov. 22
- Fire HD 8 for $49 ($79 regularly)
- Fire 7 for $29 ($49 regularly)
- Fire HD 10 for $99 ($149 regularly)
- Kindle Paperwhite for $84 ($129 regularly)
Starts Nov. 24
- Fire TV Stick with 4K with Alexa Voice Remote for $24 ($49 regularly)
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote for $19 ($39 regularly)
- Fire TV Cube for $89 ($119 regularly)
Starts Nov. 28
SEE MORE DEALS: Best Amazon Black Friday 2019 deals
- See it now: Best Buy Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
Best Buy has begun rolling out early Black Friday deals, and they include significant discounts on Apple gear. In fact, for some products, Best Buy is matching or setting the all-time lowest price, as long as you have a free My Best Buy membership.
- Apple 10.2-inch iPad for $250 ($80 off) - free My Best Buy membership required
- Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro for $850 ($150 off) - free My Best Buy membership required
- Apple HomePod for $200 ($100 off)
- 13-inch MacBook Air for $900 ($200 off)
- Apple Watch Series 4 GPS + Cellular for $349 ($100 off)
- Beats Studio 3 wireless headphones for $200 ($150)
Other good deals at Best Buy:
SEE MORE DEALS: Best Apple device Black Friday 2019 deals
- See it now: BJ's Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
BJ's Wholesale has now leaked its 2019 Black Friday ad. The sale will officially kick off on Nov. 16 and lasts the following two weekends. BJ's will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, but select deals will be available on its online storefront. Just remember you'll need a membership to take advantage of the best deals.
Starts Nov. 16
- 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD Smart LED TV for $480 ($320 off)
- 65-inch Hisense 4K Roku Smart TV for $400 ($100 off)
- 55-inch Samsung 4K UHD Smart LED TV for $330 ($200 off) with $50 Google Play Credit
- 55-inch LG 4K UHD TV AI THINQ for $350 ($250 off)
- 50-inch Samsung 4K UHD Smart LED TV for $280 ($150 off)
- 49-inch LG 4K UHD Smart LED TV for $300 ($100 off)
- 43-inch Samsung 4K UHD Smart LED TV for $230 ($150 off)
- 40-inch Westinghouse Full HD Roku Smart TV for $170 ($30 off)
- 32-inch Magnavox HD Roku Smart TV for $120 ($40 off)
- 32-inch Hisense LCD TV for $90 ($40 off)
- 10.2-inch iPad 128GB for $350 ($50 off)
- 10.1-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab A 128GB for $230 ($70 off)
- 10.1-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab A 32GB for $160 ($60 off)
- 8-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab A 32GB for $110 ($30 off)
- 7-inch Amazon Fire 7 16GB for $30 ($20 off)
- Fitbit Versa 2 with bonus band for $150 ($50 off)
- Garmin Vivosmart 4 with bonus charger for $100 ($30 off)
- Fitbit Charge 3 with bonus band for $100 ($50 off)
- Fitbit Inspire with 2 bonus bands for $80 ($30 off)
- 15.6-inch Acer Aspire 3 laptop for $250 ($150 off) with free 1-year Office 365
- 11.6-inch Acer Chromebook 2-in-1 laptop for $195 ($75 off) with free 1-year Office 365
- 14-inch HP 14 laptop for $180 ($80 off) with free 1-year Office 365
- 11.6-inch Samsung Chromebook 4 for $170 ($50 off) with free 1-year Office 365
- See it now: Costco Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
Costco just took the wraps off its 32-page holiday-savings catalog -- which includes both online and in-store deals. Some run from Nov. 7 to Nov. 21, while others run from Nov. 22 to Dec. 2. The online-only deals start Nov. 28 (that's Thanksgiving Day).
- Sonos Beam Shadow Edition for $299 ($100 off) - Available online Nov. 28
- $300 off Apple iMac with 4K Retina Display- Available Nov. 7 to Nov. 21
- Lenovo S340 Chromebook for $199 ($100 off) - Available online Nov. 7 to Nov. 21
- HP Pavilion x360 Chromebook for $299 ($100 off) - Available online Nov. 7 to Nov. 21
- LG 65-inch 4K TV for $499 ($100 off) - Available Nov. 7- Nov. 21
- Vizio 5.1.2 sound system for $300 ($150 off) - Available online Nov. 22 to Dec. 2.
- Sony WH-H900 headphones for $130 ($70 off) - Available online Nov. 22 to Dec. 2.
- Fitbit Versa 2 smartwatch bundle $50 off - Available Nov. 21 to Dec. 2.
- Sonos Play 1 Wi-Fi speaker two-pack for $230 ($40 off) - Available Nov. 22 to Dec. 2.
- Xbox One S 1TB with three months of Game Pass for $100 off - Available Nov 24 to Dec 2.
SEE MORE DEALS: Best Costco Black Friday 2019 deals
- See it now: eBay Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
eBay is rolling weekly "Drops" every Friday at noon ET, with savings on new and trending items on the site through Dec. 13. The discounts will include everything from a Nintendo Switch Lite to Bose Headphones. Unfortunately, final prices won't be unveiled until the day of each drop. Some of the scheduled deals include the following:
- $20 off Apple Watch Series 5 with GPS and Wi-Fi - Available Nov. 1
- Over $100 off Bose SoundTouch 10 Wireless Speaker, Factory Renewed - Available Nov. 8
- Over $45 off Apple iPhone 11, 128GB Unlocked - Available Nov. 28
- See it now: Jet Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
Jet hasn't announced its official Black Friday 2019 ad or sale yet.
- See it now: Newegg Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
Newegg hasn't announced its official Black Friday 2019 ad or sale yet.
OFFICE DEPOT AND OFFICE MAX
Office Depot and Office Max's ad has leaked. The sale starts online at 12:01am ET on Nov. 28, and store doors open at 8am on Friday. But if you spend $45 or more online, you will qualify for free next-day shipping.
Starts Nov. 28
- HP Chromebook 11-v010nr Laptop for $99.99 ($80 off)
- HP 22-c0226 All-In-One PC for $279.99 ($150 off)
- Lenovo IdeaCentre T540 Gaming Desktop for $749.99 ($380 off)
- HP Envy 13-aq0050od Laptop for $549.99 ($200 off)
- Lenovo IdeaPad S340 Laptop for $449.99 ($330 off)
SEE MORE DEALS: Best Office Depot and OfficeMax Black Friday 2019 deals
- See it now: Sam's Club Black Friday 2018 sale
Sam's Club hasn't announced its official Black Friday 2019 ad or sale yet. However, it'll host a day-long sale on Nov. 9. You'll need a Sam's Club membership, but the deals will start online at 12am ET or at 7am ET at your local Sam's Club store.
Starts Nov. 9
- Vizio's 65-inch P-Series Quantum X 4K HDR TV for $970 (30% off)
- Vizio 50-inch V-Series 4K TV will be $239 ($50 off)
- The HP Pavilion x360 laptop for $499 ($400 off)
- Netgear's Nighthawk X6 wireless router for $129.88 ($50 off)
- See it now: Staples Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
Staples hasn't announced its official Black Friday 2019 ad or sale yet. However, here are some holiday deals it's promoting:
- See it now: Target Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
Target is kicking things off with a two-day Black Friday Preview Sale that will feature four times more deals compared to last year. The two-day early sale is set for Nov. 8 and Nov. 9. Then, on Nov. 27 Target will open early access sales to RedCard and Circle members, with more than 100 deals hitting Target.com and mobile apps on that day.
Starts Nov. 8
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Camera for $50 ($20 off)
- Ultimate Ears WonderBoom Wireless Speaker for $40 ($33 off)
- TCL 55-inch Roku 4K UHD HDR Smart TV for $280 ($170 off)
- TCL 40-inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV for $170 ($90 off)
- Samsung 43-inch Smart 4K UHD TV for $230 ($150 off)
SEE MORE DEALS: Best Target Black Friday 2019 deals
- See it now: Walmart Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
Walmart hasn't announced its official Black Friday 2019 ad or sale yet, though it's rolled out a few early Black Friday deals (see below). Last year, stores opened at 6pm on Thanksgiving. Online deals started weeks earlier.
- Xbox One S with CoD Modern Warfare, one game, and a controller for $250 ($80 off)
- Apple Watch Series 3 Bundle with Motile Power Bank for $220
- Vizio 65-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV for $498 ($250 off)
- Arcade1Up Asteroids Machine for $165 ($135 off)
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case for $145 ($15 off)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro for $699 ($300 off)
- Lenovo Ideapad 330s Laptop for $329 ($120 off)
Best Black Friday 2019 deals: Vendors
Here are all the best Black Friday 2019 deals from vendors -- that have been announced so far. Some of them are early deals that are now available, while others are teases and won't actually go live until a specific date, so look out for that below.
Note: If there is no date mentioned, then it's now live.
Google hasn't announced its official Black Friday 2019 ad or sale yet.
- See it now: Dell Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
Dell's Black Friday ad has arrived and is loaded with Dell-branded Windows 10 computers, obviously, but you'll find plenty of other goodies. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Inspiron 3000 Laptop for $130 ($120 off) - Available Nov. 29 at 11am EST
- Dell 24 Gaming Monitor for $99 ($200 off) - Available Nov. 28 at 10am EST
- McAfee AntiVirus for $5 ($35 off) - Available Nov. 28 at 3pm EST
SEE MORE DEALS: Best Dell Black Friday 2019 deals
- See it now: HP Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
HP has posted its 22-page catalog. It includes several deals that start on Thanksgiving, while others are available only on Nov. 29. Plus, HP's Black Friday ad includes plenty of other discounts that will be available throughout the shopping season. So, if the discounted prices aren't in effect right now, they will be available in a few weeks.
SEE MORE DEALS: Best HP Black Friday 2019 deals
- See it now: Lenovo Black Friday 2019 sale and deals hub
Lenovo's ad has surfaced with several notable deals. The so-called Lenovo Holiday Sale starts Nov. 28 and will last through Dece.2. Most items will be on sale all weekend, including up to 45% on all ThinkPad laptops.
Starts Nov. 28
- Lenovo IdeaPad 130s for $99 ($100 off)
- Lenovo ThinkPad E495 for $299 ($280 off)
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon for $999 ($450 off)
- Lenovo Smart Tab M10 for $160 ($80 off)
SEE MORE DEALS: Best Lenovo Black Friday 2019 deals
- See it now: Microsoft Store Black Friday 2018 sale
Microsoft is beginning to reveal its Black Friday 2019 deals. Some will go live as early as Nov. 22 (one week before Black Friday), while the biggest deals will begin Nov. 28 at 12am ET -- one day before Black Friday.
- Save up to $500 on Surface Book 2 - Available Nov. 28 at 12am ET
- Save up to $330 on a Surface Pro 7 and Type Cover - Available Nov. 28 at 12am ET
- Save up to $125 on Turtle Beach headsets - Available Nov. 28 at 12am ET
- Save $20 on Xbox Controllers - Available Nov. 28 at 12am ET
- Save up to $150 on the Surface Go - Available Nov. 28 at 12am ET
When is Black Friday?
Friday, Nov. 29, 2019: As always, Black Friday lands the Friday after Thanksgiving -- and this year that is Nov. 29. However, in reality, the sales usually start weeks before Black Friday and stretch well beyond Cyber Monday and into December.
When will the first Black Friday ads appear?
Among computer/electronics retailers, Dell has jumped the gun over the past few years with its ads (both consumer and small business), which typically "leak" right around Nov. 1. You'll usually see ads from the big contenders -- Best Buy, Target, and Walmart -- made public about a week later. As of this moment, only Lenovo's ad has leaked.
How to find the best deals on Black Friday
Here are our tips on how to take full advantage of Black Friday 2019:
VOICE-SHOP WITH AMAZON ALEXA
Amazon tends to give people a head start on deals if they voice-shop with Alexa. It did the same thing with Prime Day in the past -- giving voice shoppers up to a seven-hour lead. To order something by voice, just say to your Alexa device, "Alexa, what are your deals" followed by "Alexa, add [the item] to my cart." Alexa will confirm your order, but if you prefer, you can set up a 4-digit pin within the Alexa app to prevent unintended purchases.
Amazon Assistant is a free browser plugin (for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Microsoft Edge) that lets you watch for product comparisons. It provides shortcuts to popular Amazon hubs and issues desktop notifications when deals you're watching go live.
Did you know Amazon.com serves up coupons? There's actually an entire hub on Amazon where you can find coupons for electronics, pet supplies, toys, and other items. Just go to Amazon.com and click "Coupons" at the top (or use this link).
When you find an item you want to buy, click on the "Clip this coupon" button near the price to clip the coupon. When you're done shopping, go to your cart and check out. In the cart details, you will see the coupon amount deducted from your total.
PRICE TRACKER AND COMPARISON TOOLS
If you want to check a deal's price against what Amazon has charged in the past, try CamelCamelCamel. It's a free Amazon price tracker that monitors millions of products and serves up their price history.
Wikibuy is an extension for Chrome that lets you check to see if a deal is at its lowest price on the web. Another extension is Honey. It instantly informs you if any third-party sellers have the same product for a lower price. Also check out the site PriceGrabber or the extension PriceBlink, both of which let you see if an item is cheaper elsewhere.
Where to find the best Apple device deals
Apple has been notoriously stingy when it comes to any kind of sales on its products in general, and not even the yearly mania around Black Friday gets it to budge much. In fact, the tech giant abandoned discounts at its Apple Stores on Black Friday years ago, only attempting to entice shoppers with free iTunes gift cards with their purchase.
It's a tactic that other Apple partners have adopted as well -- you're now much more likely to get a store gift card from Target and Walmart when you purchase an Apple product than any kind of savings from the normal price. You'll generally need to rely on retailers like MacMall and B&H Photo for actual deals, particularly on MacBooks.
How cheap will laptops be on Black Friday?
Chromebooks helped usher in the era of the $100 PC, forcing Microsoft to respond by slashing the price it charged manufacturers to license Windows in order to stay competitive in the budget market. That seems to be the floor for the cost of a new computer, though you may see one or two deals for $89 systems.
Of course, at this price point, you are getting the barest of specs -- no HD screen, 2GB of RAM, a minimal amount of built-in storage, a slower processor -- that can handle Internet browsing and basic productivity tasks. For an additional $100 to $200, you should be able to locate a deal on a more powerful computer with a few better specs.
How to know if you got a good Black Friday deal
There will legitimately be great prices during this extended shopping period, often as a "doorbusters" that may be available in limited quantities or for a short window of time.
But Black Friday prices aren't always the best of the year. In fact, product review site Wirecutter pointed out that of the more than 78,000 deals it tracked for Black Friday 2017, only about 450 were worth highlighting. A big reason for that can be found if you look closely at how the percentage off figures trumpeted in Black Friday ads are calculated.
You may notice that stores use the original or list price as the starting point, but that often isn't the price they are currently using to sell a product. For instance, a desktop PC may have an original price of $399, so its $249 Black Friday sale price looks like a pretty significant discount. However, if it's usually sold at $279, it's a lot less impressive.
This tactic is fairly widespread, so you need to do your homework before succumbing to Black Friday fever. We can help you determine the real deals and not-so-real ones as we report on the major tech retailers' ads. Make sure to come back to ZDNet often during the coming weeks to find out what the best sales will be for Black Friday 2019.
For more great deals on devices, gadgetry, and tech for your enterprise, business, or home office, see ZDNet's Business Bargain Hunter blog. Affiliate disclosure: ZDNet may earn a commission from some of the products featured on this page.