Now that holiday shopping is over, we can start getting excited about CES 2011. Starting with Samsung, we'll reportedly see a new 4-inch Galaxy Player debut at the trade show next week.
According to Samsung Hub, the Android 2.2-based device will be available with three storage capacity options (8GB, 16GB and 32GB) and sport the following specs:
- 4-inch Super Clear LCD screen (800 × 480 resolution)
- 1GHz processor
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 3.2-megapixel rear camera
- VGA front-facing camera
- HD video playback
- microSD card slot
- SoundAlive audio enhancing technology
- Supports Samsung Apps and Android Market
- 1200mAh removable battery
So basically we have a portable media player version of the Galaxy S smartphones, just like the iPod touch to the full-fledged iPhone. Pricing hasn't been announced yet.