Cisco on Wednesday launched a storage portfolio geared to small and mid-sized businesses.
The storage family, dubbed Cisco Smart Storage, consists of desktop network storage gear with bundled business applications. The storage line-up is designed to hit small businesses with less than 100 employees.
In a statement, Cisco said that the product family---known as the rather clunky Cisco Small Business NSS 300 Series Smart Storage---consists of two-bay, four-bay and six-bay desktop network storage units.
Among the key components:
- The devices offer up to 12 terabytes of capacity with 2 terabyte drives.
- Cisco Smart Storage has built-in software such as a Web server, WordPress and user authentication and network management.
- On-disk data encryption.
- Browser driven configuration screens.
- Ability to scale in virtualized environments.
- The ability to schedule on and off periods.
According to Cisco, the Small Business NSS 300 Series Smart Storage units will run you $913 to $5,625 depending on the model. Three years of technical support can be bought for $149.