The Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise 2009 conference starts Thursday in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I'll be attending the conference this year, and speaking at a session on Android development.
Keynote speakers include:
- Michael Tiemann, Vice President of Open Source Affairs at Red Hat and President of the Open Source Initiative
- Andy Hunt, co-founder of the Pragmatic Programmers, an agile publishing and training company, and
- Jascha Franklin-Hodge, CTO of Blue State Digital, which spearheaded Obama for America's online initiatives.
Other speakers include:
- John Resig, jQuery creator
- Dan Allen, Seam development team member
- Mark Fisher, Spring Framework core developer
- Jeff Brown, Groovy and Grails core developer
- James Ward, of Adobe Systems;
- Chris Richardson, POJOs in Action author
- Brian Marick, Agile Manifesto co-author
- David Black, author of Ruby for Rails and The Well-Grounded Rubyist
- Ezra Zygmuntowicz, co-founder of Engine Yard and creator of the Merb framework,
- Bill Dudney, author of Core Animation for the iPhone and co-author of iPhone SDK Development, and
- Ed Burnette, author of Hello, Android and co-author of Eclipse in Action
The twitter hash tag for the event is #phillyete .