Working along side the cloud-based VIP Authentication Service, the VIP Access for Mobile program "transforms" over 700 different mobile devices into VIP credentials for strong authentication with a a unique, one-time use six-digit code automatically generated by the user's VIP credential. (A username and password come into play too.) With this secure power, iPad users can take advantage of strong authentication at over 750 websites.
Symantec touts VIP as useful for professionals too, promising that the security option is a "cost-effective way" to deliver access to business resources and enterprise applications without the hazards of hackers.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- CTIA Wireless: AT&T powers up MyFord Mobile app
- CTIA Wireless: AT&T shows off new mobile products
- CTIA Wireless: Jabra announces ‘industry-first’ Freeway speakerphone
- CTIA Wireless: Blio to be pre-loaded on future T-Mobile products
- CTIA Wireless: LG drops the cords with Wireless Charging Pad