Data Robotics on Tuesday launched the DroboPro FS, which aims to make it easier for small businesses to deploy network storage and offsite backup.
In a recent interview, Tom Buiocchi, CEO of Data Robotics, said the company is looking to target the small- to midsized-business market, which has largely been neglected by storage vendors.
The DroboPro FS includes:
- Plug and play network sharing via Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac protocols.
- Eight drive capacity with expansion to 16TB.
- Automated offsite backup to another DroboPro FS. The drive will also connect to any SATA hard drive.
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports for network connections.
- Self-healing technology where the DroboPro FS will put data back into a protected state.
The DroboPro FS starts at $1,999 with configurations to $3,299 for a 16TB bundle. CDW is selling the drives at launch.