Dell said Friday that it has acquired AppAssure, a backup and recovery software company.
Dell is actively working to focus on higher margin businesses such as software and services over PCs.
AppAssure provides application backup software for cloud, virtualized and physical infrastructure. Dell said AppAssure will fit in with the company's overall storage strategy.
According to Dell, AppAssure delivered 194 percent revenue growth in 2011. AppAssure supports physical servers and VMware, Hyper-V and XenServer virtualized ones.
Dell added that it will keep AppAssure's 230 employees and invest in the company.
- Dell, HP struggle with consumer PC businesses
- Dell's Q4 a mixed bag with pockets of enterprise strength
- Suddenly, Dell is a Software Company!
- Dell names former CA CEO head of software unit
- Dell launches pre-packaged private cloud for your datacenter