ECOtality is prepping a new tool that should make using Blink EV charging stations even easier.
Yes, a mobile app! Everything needs an app these days, and actually this one sounds very useful if you utilize these electric vehicle stations. The app will allow users to search for and find local Blink EV stations (either via the mobile device's GPS function or plugging in an address) as well as determine the necessary charge time for the vehicle.
Once the app is ready, it will be free of charge. (No pun intended.) However, it will only be available for iOS and Android devices initially. (For example, the Blink EV app was recently demonstrated on the iPad 2, iPhone 4, Motorola Xoom, and Google Nexus S and BlackBerry Torch.) A BlackBerry web-based app will follow at a later unknown date.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- CTIA Wireless: AT&T powers up MyFord Mobile app
- Partnership will marry electric vehicle chargers, Cisco home energy manager
- 5 start-ups hoping to kickstart electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- ECOTality poised to rollout fast-charging EV infrastructure
- Hey buddy, can I bum a charge?