The folks at Mozilla have officially released Firefox 8.0.1. This minor release fixes a couple of bugs.
The two bugs are as follows:
- Fixed Mac OS X crash that occurred in certain instances when a Java Applet is loaded with Java SE 6 version 1.6.0_29 installed.
- Fixed Windows startup crash caused by RoboForm versions older than 7.6.2.
Mozilla has also identified another 13 bugs in Firefox 8.0 that will be fixes in a later version.
You can download the update manually for Windows, Mac or Linux, or wait for the automatic update notification to kick in.
- Firefox 8.0.1 release notes
- Firefox 3.6 is Mozilla's Windows XP
- The BIG browser benchmark! Chrome 15 vs Opera 11 vs IE9 vs Firefox 8 vs Safari 5
- NetMarketShare: XP finally eroded to sub 50 percent level, Chrome closing in on Firefox
- 'Firefox with Bing' - You asked for it!