T-Mobilefor the iPhone 6 launch and reported it will not have any iPhone 6 Plus models availabe in stores today. However, I still think there are several reasons to consider it the flagship carrier for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
T-Mobile's Mike Sievert, Chief Marketing Officer, posted his five reasons to choose T-Mobile, but I have a few different reasons. Here are my five reasons to consider T-Mobile:
- Wi-Fi Calling: T-Mobile is now offering every subscriber a iPhone 5S and 5C with the iOS 8 firmware update. to extend coverage throughout your home or office. Wi-Fi Calling is one reason I buy T-Mobile carrier-branded devices and the iPhone 6 is the first model to launch with this support. My friend, Andy Abramson, confirms that you can also make calls using T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling on an
- VoLTE: Voice over LTE is available now on select devices with T-Mobile, including the iPhone 6. Faster and clearer calls are provided with VoLTE, as well as providing the ability to use LTE data while on a call.
- Free in-flight texting: Text messaging is the primary means by which my family of five stays connected. I always had to cut off communications or resort to something like Facebook Messenger when on my monthly business trips. With T-Mobile and the iPhone 6 Plus I will be able to stay in touch with texting while in the air. I plan to test this out on Monday when I fly to New York City.
- Free music streaming: As a person who enjoys various genres of music, I prefer to stream my content rather than limit myself to purchased albums. T-Mobile gives me with no impact on my data limits.
- No-interest phone plan with lowest service fees: I am a firm believer in understanding and paying the real price of a phone, as ZDNet's Ed Bott also recently . T-Mobile offers low upfront pricing with no-interest payments over 24 months. In addition it has the lowest monthly service fees. Other carriers fake people out with seemingly low iPhone pricing that is simply integrated into their , making the iPhone in reality much more expensive for those that do not get new phones every two years.
I understand that carrier coverage is the primary reason everyone should choose their particular carrier, but if you are in an area with good T-Mobile coverage then there are some pretty compelling reasons to choose them over others. You can always give T-Mobile a free trial with an iPhone as well.