Google continues to take on Facebook's "Like" button with its new "+1" as the feature goes global today.
It will now be expanded to google.co.uk, google.de, google.jp and google.fr. Other international versions of Google will follow later, although the Goog hasn't revealed a timeline just yet.
It's not just Google search pages that will be getting the +1 treatment. Plenty of foreign-based news and multimedia sites will also implement Google's favoring feature, including Spain's El País, The Australian and TechCrunch Japan.
Developers and webmasters stateside as well as abroad who are interested in adding the +1 button to their websites can utilize Google's online guide. The liking feature is supported in 44 languages.
- Google Chairman Eric Schmidt: Web censorship is on the march
- Google Transparency Report: U.S. accounts for most user data requests
- Google hits out at Office 365 the day before Microsoft's launch
- Appirio bringing Google Apps to more universities nationwide
- What Google's exit means for energy management in the cloud