Google is about to release a new version of their toolbar which adds a few new features that some people might find useful. The new features can be found on their version information page. As of right now, the new version is not available yet to download.
- Custom buttons: Add custom buttons to the Toolbar to search your favorite websites
- Bookmarks: Create bookmarks that are accessible from any computer
- Enhanced search box: Get query suggestions as you type in the enhanced search box
- "Send To" feature: Send web pages to friends via Gmail or SMS, or post directly to a blog
- Log into your Google account from the Settings menu
Network based bookmarks make your favorite sites more portable. You can "star" sites on your toolbar which will make them available to any computer that has the toolbar installed, and is logged into your Google account. del.icio.us -- recently purchased by Yahoo -- is a website which takes web based bookmarks to the next level by letting users tag and share bookmarks with the public.
Custom Buttons let users search their favourite websites using the search box on the toolbar. To use the feature, users can simply type in the search box and click a "custom button" to search the desired site.
Apparantly there is an enterprise version of the toolbar being released as well with some extra features for IT administrators -- I have yet to see any information about this version of the toolbar.