Google has released a new version of their Google Video Player. When seeking through videos, you will notice clickable frames which make navigation a little easier.
Besides this seek feature, this update is mostly bug fixes and performance improvements -- a complete list of changes can be found here.
- Rendering optimizations, including support for DirectX
- Rendering optimizations in OpenGL (display lists)
- Upgraded to Qt 4.1 (i.e. performance improvements)
- Initialization optimization (sparse files)
- Provided Alt-key shortcuts for every menu item
- Fixed clicking on volume control, but not on slider thumb
- Improved login robustness (retry logic)
- Fixed installer license text
- Fixed several hangs and crashes
- Fixed audio stuttering on low-end devices
- Better error handling, including disk space check
- Better seeks, including true frame-by-frame display
- Polished the GUI, particularly the menubar