Microsoft's Kinect device has become the target of coding to make it carry out functions never intended for it.
According to Kristoffer Risanger, the founder of a site called Kinect Hacks that aggregates the latest efforts by the fledgling community to do things with the device, the sky is the limit.
So perhaps the device could be used as the next big thing for Australia Day in the not-too-distant future.
Here's our list of, we admit it, politically incorrect things you could get your Kinect to do.
- Adjudicate your boat races
- Sound an alarm when your sausage on the barbie has shrunk dangerously
- Judge your bombing competition in the pool
- Play Big Day Out music and give you points for moshing
- Train you in glassing-avoidance techniques in case you stay too long at the pub
- Rate your ability to walk a straight line
- Give you swing pointers if you're hooking your cane toads
What would your Kinect hacks be for Australia Day?
Happy Australia day everyone!