Harman has brought out the new JBL Studio 1 Series loudspeaker set, which is touted as powerful for "any listening environment." That could truly vary depending on the size of the room, but let's take a closer look anyway.
The JBL Studio 1 Series is comprised of five pieces, each outfitted with a silver-tinted black vinyl finish and JBL Weave design.
The flagship would have to be the Studio 190 ($449), a dual 6.5-inch floor-standing loudspeaker sporting dual woofers and midrange drivers with a pair of 6.5-inch low-frequency transducers at ear level. It also features a rear-facing bass port to increase output and extend bass response. That is followed by a simpler yet still strong Studio 180 ($349, pictured above), a very similar floor-standing speaker with a single 6.5-inch PolyPlas cone.
Moving down the line is the 4-inch Studio 130 ($299) bookshelf satellite speaker with a 4-inch low-frequency transducer and 1-inch high-frequency transducer. The Studio 120c ($169) center-channel loudspeaker and Studio 150P ($399) 300-watt, bass-reflex subwoofer round out the collection.
All of the pieces are sold separately and are available for purchase now.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Five gadgets necessary to make your home your tech-savvy
- Hands-on review: JBL On Stage Micro III
- JBL On Stage IV, On Stage Micro III iPhone speaker docks now shipping
- JBL MS-8 digital processor will 'revolutionize' car audio quality for $799
- Harman Kardon SoundBar 16 connects directly to TVs, consoles; $599.99