— Starbucks Coffee (@Starbucks) October 4, 2012
Passbook is Apple's new iOS 6 app that allows you to store boarding passes, movie tickets, retail coupons, loyalty cards, etc. When you arrive at a relevant location the pass or coupon appears on your iPhone's lock screen. While sure to be welcomed by many, the update comes three days later than Starbucks' self-imposed deadline for Passbook support which came and went on Sunday.
Here's how to enable Passbook in Starbucks 2.4:
- Update to iOS 6 (if you haven't already)
- Update to Starbucks 2.4 via the App Store
- Launch the Starbucks app and touch Card > Manage > Add Card to Passbook
- Optional: Select Stores > Set a Favorite Store
- Walk into your local Starbucks and look on your iPhone lock screen.