Want a simple, smart, and efficient way to charge multiple smartphones and tablets simultaneously? If your household has a handful of portable devices then what you need is a charging station.
And here it is. The Satechi 7-port USB charging station. As the title suggests this charging station features seven USB ports, three outputting 2.3 Amps and ideal for charging tablets, and four 1 Amp ports suitable for smartphones and other smaller devices, and it has enough grunt to power all the ports concurrently.
All this power comes from a device measuring 7.4 by 5.5-inches, so the amount of room it needs on a desk or table is kept to a minimum. The device also features dividers and even Velcro straps for convenience and ease of use. The dividers are large enough to accommodate almost all smartphone/tablet protective cases.
Given that the charging dock works with a multitude of devices - iPhones, iPads, Android smartphones and tablets, music players, fitness wearables, and more - you will need to buy the appropriate cables, and Satechi does make a line of custom cables, however these will add to the cost. If you want to keep the cost to a minimum then you're free to use cheapo third-party cables, or even the cables you already use to charge up your devices.
With prices starting at $50 for the black version, this is a cheap yet stylish and efficient way to keep your family's/office mobile gadgets charged up.
- A video tour of my favorite tools for building and repairing PCs and electronic devices
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan: Bugs, bugs, and more bugs
- Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book mean business, but no big threat to Apple
- How to disable Windows 10 Start menu ads
- iPhone 6s plagued by mystery shutdown bug
- Windows 10 installer could be on your PC whether you want it or not