Husqvarna has introduced the My Automower app that lets owners be able to mow the lawn "without even being home." (Sounds a bit dangerous, but it doesn't sound that much different from the Roomba. It actually looks like a smaller Batmobile, but I digress...)
Some of the features of the My Automower app include basic things like setting timers, instructing the Automower when to start and stop mowing, and check the status of the machine. Additionally, using the Automower's built-in GPS, you can track the darn thing on Google Maps in case it decides to take a trip to the next yard over.
However, you're going to need a Husqvarna Automower to be able to take advantage of any of this. (Funny how they get you that way...) If you don't already have an Automower, you can actually still download the app, which will advise you which model to buy depending on the slope and landscape of your lawn.
The My Automower app is free and available to download from the iTunes App Store now. The lawn mower is not included.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- FileMaker Go for iOS gets signatures and printing support
- Kindle for Android now optimized for Honeycomb tablets
- iOS is watching you ... always watching!
- Amazon's Web Services outage: End of cloud innocence?
- ECOtality gearing up Blink EV charging mobile app