With some 40,000 sq ft and a raised floor system for easy system expansion and maintenance, Ring power supply from Hong Kong Electric Company to ensure continuous power supply, Auto static transfer switches to ensure quick and smooth changeover, a Water leakage detection system and a system to control both temperature and humidity levels, the Hutchison GlobalCenter in Hong Kong is one of the largest around. With other offices in London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Northern Virginia, Silicon Valley and Tokyo, they plan to open others in some 13 other cities soon.
Calling themselves a ‘total solution provider’, they are able to tailor their service level agreements to match any customer specific needs. Starting from basic service levels on facilities management, this can extend to application management, network management and security management. They even serve customers that do not have a local office in Hong Kong providing all their service needs.
When asked what levels of measurable reliability they offered, Hutchison GlobalCenter’s spokesperson replied that they provide N+1 backup power generators with 8 hours of backup time as well as Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) system and Power Distribution Units (PDU). These will take care of power filtering and conditioning to provide clean and stable power. They provide 24 x 7 support and access as well. In terms of quantifiable service levels on power and network availability, Hutchison GlobalCenter offers real-time reports to customers on problem tracking, network performance and site performance.
The range of value-added-services that they provide is based on the experience that GlobalCenter has developed in the past 5 years. They include:
· Security Management services – intrusion detection services, managed firewall services, security audit and architecture review and design, etc.
· Monitoring services –monitoring network, server, application, transaction and database
· Application Management – application performance management, application and database 7x24 support, application testing (load test, function test and regression test)
· Backup Management – routine backup, tape management and offsite storage
· Network services – load balancing, caching, streaming services, content delivery network services
· Bandwidth services – burstable bandwidth, high quality Asia Global Crossing bandwidth, dedicated China bandwidth
· Disaster Recovery Planning services – DR site setup, DR plan development and drills, DR equipment arrangement.
More on The Art of Hosting