IBM launched 55 storage and server technology updates focused on analytics, automate and private cloud starter kits.
The moves, IBM's largest to date, cover a lot of ground.
Among the key highlights:
- IBM launched a DB2 Analytics Accelerator that better couples the Netezza data warehouse appliance with its zEnterprise System.
- Two analytics systems---IBM Smart Analytics System 9700 and IBM Smart Analytics System 9710---aimed at data warehouse and business intelligence tools on Big Blue's Z systems.
- New Power7 analytics systems.
- Midrange and enterprise disk systems, the IBM Storwize V7000 Unified and IBM System Storage DS8000 Release 6.2, respectively.
- Software tools to automate security virtualize multiple systems and bolster management.
- Integrated cloud computing building blocks that with software, hardware and networking tools.