It's all fun and games ... until the wheels fall off. iPhone owners are discovering the pains of being early adopters of Apple's new iOS platform.
The problems seem mainly confined to iPhone 3G owners. here's a quick rundown:
- Backups taking a long time ... not sure if this is an iTunes 9.2 issue of just people realizing that backups through iTunes takes a long time.
- Error -34 after upgrading, and recovery mode doesn't allow iPhone to be restored.
- Error -3253 which indicates an interrupted download (possibly busy iTunes servers).
- A more general "An error has occurred, please try later" after a system reset.
- Other random lockups and freezes that leave iPhone unusable.
- Apps not working after install.
- SMS messages deleted.
- iTunes syncing issues following update.
This leaves people with a bit of a dilemma - risk the update or risk facing 60+ vulnerabilities plugged by iOS 4.