Apple has released the iOS 8.4.1 update with the idea of fixing issues related to its Apple Music service, but testing suggests that more fixes are needed.
According to the release notes, iOS 8.4.1 addresses the following issues:
- Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library
- Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only
- Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren't any playlists to choose from
- Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices
- Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect
- Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn't work as expected while listening to Beats 1
But it seems that other problems remain.
One of the test iPhones I have has been suffering from an issue where some tracks previously uploaded to iTunes Match (and which worked fine prior to the release of iOS 8.4 and Apple Music, and which are accessible on other devices) are unavailable on that particular device and trying to play them generates a prompt to sign up to Apple Music. I've heard from others affected by this same issue. This problem doesn't appear to have been fixed under iOS 8.4.1.
Another unfixed issue relates to the Music app. When switching back to it after interacting with other apps it refreshes to the home page. This was not a problem with the Music app prior to iOS 8.4.