For those of you skipping the iPhone 4 pre-order madness, the long lines at stores today, and holding out for the latest Apple smartphone clad in white, you're going to have to wait a bit longer.
Apple has finally made a statement regarding the status of the white iPhone 4, and it's still not very specific:
White models of Apple’s new iPhone 4 have proven more challenging to manufacture than expected, and as a result they will not be available until the second half of July. The availability of the more popular iPhone 4 black models is not affected.
Given how popular the black version of the iPhone 4 has been during the pre-sale since last week, many people ordering that version won't be getting a copy in the mail until mid-July either. So don't feel too bad about the extra wait time if you're waiting for this brighter version above.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Some iPhone 4 orders being canceled by Apple, AT&T
- No pre-ordered iPhone 4 for me
- Is your iPhone 4 really reserved for next week?
- How badly do you want the iPhone 4?
- iPhone 4 pre-ordering imminent; Apple Store down (update: it’s back online)
- What can we expect for the in-store Apple iPhone 4 launch?