After months of rumors and speculation, the wait is over and Apple has unveiled the new iPhone. Called the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, these devices will be Apple's flagship smartphones for the next 12 months. But what makes them tick?
Here are the tech specs:
- iPhone 6s: 4.7-inch Retina HD display with 3D Touch at 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- iPhone 6s Plus: 5.5-inch Retina HD display with 3D Touch at 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi
- 64-bit A9X processor with built-in M9 motion coprocessor
- 7000-series aluminum structure
- tougher double Ion-X process glass
- 12-megapixel iSight camera with 1.22µ pixels
- 5-megapixel FaceTime HD camera with Retina Flash
- Second-generation Touch ID
- 4K video recording support
- Available in gold, silver, space grey and rose gold
- iPhone 6s pricing: $199 for 16GB, $299 for 64GB, $399 for 128GB (assuming two-year contract)
- iPhone 6s Plus pricing: $299 for 16GB, $399 for 64GB, $499 for 128GB (assuming two-year contract)
- Availability: Pre-orders start September 12, available from September 25
Apple claims that the processor is up to 70 percent faster than the previous iPhone, and the graphics performance is up to 90 percent faster.