Alongside today's EFI Firmware Update 2.2 for the MacBook Air Apple also released iPhoto 9.2.1 which fixes a crashing issue when using the popular 3ivx video codec. The 350+MB update to the popular photo management software addresses an issue that could cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly on Macs with the 3ivxVideoCodec plug-in installed.
Version 9.2 includes the following improvements:
- Addresses compatibility with iCloud and iOS 5
- Left and right swipe gestures can now be used to navigate between photos in Magnify (1-up) view
- Previously imported photos are now displayed in a separate section of the Import window
- Book/calendar themes and card categories can now be selected using a pop-up menu in the carousel view
- Resolves an issue that could cause some pages of books to print incorrectly
- Rebuilding a library now correctly preserves saved slideshows and books