Video: How big data powers digital transformation
United Technologies, which makes everything from elevators to aerospace engines, said it will use Microsoft's Azure platform and Dynamics 365 as a core part of its digital transformation efforts.
The goal of the partnership is to bolster customer service and offer personalized experiences. For Microsoft, the United Technologies deal represents another large company betting on Azure to enable digital transformation. Microsoft recently announced a partnership with Steelcase.
According to United Technologies, the Microsoft partnership will enable it to optimize customer service, field service and sales.
Key initiatives include:
- Otis will use Dynamics 365 CRM for its service and sales teams. The customer data will be combined with data from equipment for predictive maintenance.
- Pratt & Whitney will use Azure for field service, sales and marketing.
- UTC Aerospace Systems will use Azure for predictive maintenance of aircraft systems.
- UTC Climate Controls & Security will use Azure for its connected facilities efforts. Those efforts cover the Carrier heating and air conditioning systems and play into smart buildings and smart city trends.
Here's a look at how United Technologies is looking to transform its Otis elevator service operations with timelines.
- The enterprise technologies to watch in 2017
- Intro: Digital Transformation, a CXO's Guide
- Artificial intelligence, analytics help speed up digital workplace transformation
- Five emerging technologies for rapid digital transformation
- Maker of Taser weapons goes digital, renames itself Axon in cloud platform bet
- Digital transformation: Retooling business for a new age
- Infographic: Digital transformation is a work in progress for most companies
- Five winning plays for digital transformation
- Enterprise IoT in 2017: The state of play
- Infographic: Companies are using IoT to monitor environments and improve products
- Internet of Things: CIOs are getting ready for the next big revolution
- The Internet of Things: 10 types of enterprise deployments
- 16 questions CXOs should ask before starting an IoT project
- How to calculate TCO and ROI for enterprise IoT implementations
- How to secure your IoT deployment in 10 steps
- The five industries leading the IoT revolution
- Turning big data into business insights: The state of play
- Infographic: Most companies are collecting data, but aren't using big data solutions
- Free PDF download: Turning Big Data into Business Insights
- Five organizations that are using big data to power digital transformation
- Choosing the best big data partners: Eight questions to ask
- Seven pitfalls to avoid when using big data to power digital transformation
- Tech's war on drugs: How big data is being used to fight the US opioid epidemic
- Booktopia uses big data to test assumptions before implementing changes