It's almost time for software version 4.1.57 to roll out to the Motorola Atrix 4G smartphone. Motorola has already revealed the big fixes.
The release isn't available just yet, but here's are the improvements that we can expect:
- Improved multimedia experience with Bluetooth devices and the ability to use phone with additional headsets
- Improved fingerprint reader performance
- Improved battery performance for longer battery life
- Display turns off automatically while charging directly on wall charger
- Improved stability resulting in fewer occurrences of touch unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly.
- Improved performance when using car dock and 3.5mm jack
It would be nice to have some specifics regarding those upgrades (especially about the battery life), but we'll just have to wait and see on those. Additionally, it doesn't look like we'll see HSUPA with this update, but Android Central reports that AT&T is busy at work on that front.
When v.4.1.57 (sized at 17MB) is ready, it will go out over the air but can also be installed manually using the Settings menu.