Huawei is finally getting official with all (or at least most) of the necessary details regarding the launch of the Ideos X3 smartphone, Slim S7 tablet and a pair of other gadgets.
It feels like Huawei has really been milking this announcement for all its worth. Last week a teaser video and promo images were released, and then yesterday a few other details were confirmed prior to today's press conference. Here's what is known now:
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 3.2-inch capacitive HVGA touchscreen
- "Slimmest" device with a 3.2-inch display at 11.2mm thick
- 3.2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Availability: Spring (Japan; U.S. date unknown)
- MSRP: "Below $200"
Ideos S7 Slim
- Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- 7-inch capacitive touchscreen
- 720p HD video playback
- HiFi audio player
- Availability: April
- MSRP: "Below $300"
- Plug-and-link data card
- Can connect to Internet in 15 seconds
- No dial-in process or manual configuration required
- Availability: Q2 2011 (Europe)
- MSRP: "Between $100 and $150"
Huawei Mobile WiFi Smart Pro
- Wireless modem
- Automatically selects best high-speed Internet connection available
- Supports up to five devices
- Compatible with iOS, Android, Windows and MAC
- Availability: Q2 2011
- MSRP: "Between $200 and $270"
That's not much more than we had yesterday, but at least the prices seem relatively reasonable.