Readers of this blog likely have figured out how to purchase a Cyanogen OS-powered OnePlus One, but the masses may still be confused by the limited sale dates and invite-only availability.
With the upcoming Alcatel Hero 2+, consumers will be able to purchase a Cyanogen OS-powered device in North America without having to play games with the hardware manufacturer.
The upcoming Alcatel Hero 2+ has a scheduled launch date of Q2 in North America on the Alcatel One Touch Store powered by Amazon. The MSRP will be just $299 and the device will have the following specifications:
- Display: 6-inch Full HD (1080 x 1920) TFT 16M color display + built in stylus
- Processor: MT6592 2.0 GHz octa-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor
- Operating System: Cyanogen OS 11 on Android KitKat 4.4.4
- Camera: 13MP main camera and 5MP front camera
- Video Capture: Full HD 1080p 30 frame per second video capture
- Memory/Storage: 2GB RAM / 16GB of storage (Expandable to 32GB via MicroSD)
- Dimensions: 160.5mm x 81.6mm x 7.9mm
Alcatel sells a wide range of hardware and this upcoming Hero 2+ looks good on paper. Given Alcatel's strong presence in the mobile market, this partnership may be just what Cyanogen needs to get into more hands.