If you're still interested in picking up a Nintendo DS Lite, you better try to get one as soon as possible because these handheld gaming consoles are as good as gone.
According to the leaked internal memo picked up by GoNintendo, "New DS Lite systems have been discontinued," and GameStop won't be getting any more units in stock. Additionally, display models and related items have to be removed from the sales floor.
It's slightly possible that a few other retailers will still carry the DS Lite, although it doesn't really make sense for Nintendo to keep producing and pushing this console.
Not only is the DS Lite a few years old, but it would make more sense to clear stock room and shelf space for more recent products, such as the DSi XL and, of course, the 3DS. Maybe it's time to start thinking about a new generation of the Wii console as well...
Will you miss the DS Lite?
[Image via GoNintendo]
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- GameStop plans to start streaming games to tablets
- Nintendo: 400,000 3DS units sold in first week after U.S. launch
- iSuppli: Nintendo to sell 11.6 million 3DS units worldwide this year
- Nintendo CEO's definition of 'value' doesn't translate to handsets
- The 3D scam: Reject and repeat