Video: For the future of IoT, keep an eye on 5G and ML
Nokia is building out its Internet of Things portfolio and ability to target the transportation and energy industries via the acquisition of SpaceTime Insight.
Terms of the deal weren't disclosed. Nokia unloaded Withings, a wearable device maker last week. With SpaceTime, Nokia is also grabbing a foothold in machine learning and analytics.
SpaceTime's flagship platform, Warp 6, provides machine-learning models and analytics for asset heavy industries. Via a sensor network, companies such as NextEra Energy and FedEx can optimize their operations.
Nokia said in a statement that the acquisition of SpaceTime also brings a sales team to its IoT unit with industry-specific expertise. SpaceTime CEO Rob Schilling will join Nokia's IoT group.
Here's a look at the SpaceTime Warp 6 platform:
- Enterprise IoT projects: Data, ML, security, and other key factors
- Free PDF: Sensor'd Enterprise: IoT, ML, and big data
- Survey shows that most businesses are taking steps to secure IoT data
- How to use machine learning to accelerate your IoT initiatives
- How to create a data strategy for enterprise IoT
- How to create a security strategy for IoT
- South Korea's IoT in full swing: From water meters to AI-powered smart buildings
- Successful IoT deployment: The Rolls-Royce approach