Today I'm going to be spending some time fitting up a new system on the test bench - this one is an AMD "Spider" Phenom 9000-based system. I've read the reviews and been through the benchmarks but I want to get beyond that and find out how this platform feels and performs under real-world conditions.
While I get busy setting up the system, I'll leave you with the tech specs of the test system:
- Phenom 9600 quad-core processor (with a very nice looking heatsink/fan assembly ...)
- ATi Radeon 3850 graphics card with 256MB RAM
- ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe motherboard incorporating AMD 790 series chipset with onboard Ethernet and 8-channel audio
- 2GB (2 x 1GB) Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D RAM
- Western Digital Raptor 10,000RPM 150GB primary hard drive
- Western Digital Caviar 7,200RPM 500GB secondary hard drive
- Sony 18x DVD-RW SATA drive
- ASUS DVD-ROM SATA drive
- 700W Seasonic ATX12V PSU
- Lian-Li PC-7 chassis
Oh, and there's also a floppy drive on the system.
Stay tuned for more ...