I reviewed Opera Mobile 9.5 earlier this year and then there was the news that the public beta was coming on 15 July. We heard that it slipped earlier this week, but it only slipped a couple days and we just received the press release that Opera Mobile 9.5 beta is now available. Opera Mobile 9.5 is available now only for Windows Mobile touch screen devices.
Opera Mobile 9.5 has the following advertised features:
- Faster than version 8.65
- Pan and zoom to your content
- Improved UI
- Opera Dragonfly support so you can use the Opera desktop version to debug sites on your mobile phone
- Improved standards support
- Save pages and/or images with a click
Opera also has a list of known issues so check these out too as you install and try the new software out:
- ActiveX is disabled -> Flash plugins and embedded video streaming do not work.
- Custom IME’s (like HTC’s IME) will be buggy at best, not working at worst.
- Not multilingual build — Only English is supported. Problems with other languages (and input methods) is not unexpected.
- Installation on memory cards may cause problems.
- Text wraps in overview mode.
- Fails on ACID2 test.