Worth reading: Roland Piquepaille posted his year end summary with his top 10 little-known science stories of the year on his ZDNet blog. Here's his list, but there are many more little-known or weird science posts on his blog, such as a scarf that changes color according to what you wear, biopaper for organ printing and nanoarmor of the future.
10. 'Haute Cuisine' on Mars?
9. Smart bees find land mines
8. Robots with square wheels?
7. How monarch butterflies fly without getting lost
6. Controlling the speed of light — up and down
5. Why spaghetti does not break in half
4. Storing liquid CO2 in the oceans?
3. World's first biogas train fueled by cows
2. Our pillows are dangerous for our health
1. A Master Equation for All Life Processes?