As you all know I am a major fan of the Windows Phone platform and as part of my usage over the last year and a half I have purchased and tested a lot of Twitter apps. My absolute favorite is Rowi from Hidden Pineapple. They just released Rowi 2.0 and my devices are now updated. I thought it was such a major update for a function that many people find essential that I wanted to share the news with you.
My buddy, Jason Harris, put together a detailed post on the update so you can see the entire changelist for the application. I paid $2.99 for the full version, but understand they are going to have a Rowi 2.0 launch special of just 99 cents so I highly recommend you purchase this app if you don't already have it.
Here's a list of some of the biggest new changes/features:
- Readability integration for viewing web pages and saving bookmarks for later reading (added to Rowi's save for later functionality)
- Support for RTL (Right to Left) languages display for tweets/messages
- New context menu for quick and easy access to common actions for tweets/messages (tap to open the menu, double-tap to select the tweet/message/item)
- You can now pin any home timeline, new tweet, new tweet #nowplaying, new message and search to your Windows Phone start screen
- Fast app switching support and now using the OS' progress indicator (yes, Rowi is finally updated to take advantage of the latest major Windows Phone OS a.k.a. Mango)
- Updated the message conversation style to better match the OS messaging conversation UI
- Photo previews for tweets in timelines
As you can see there are a ton of updates and changes in Rowi that convince me it is the best Twitter app available for Windows Phone.