29/05/2001 The European Union has issued guidelines on how to spot Echelon spy stations. Here's ZDNet UK's own handy-dandy guide to finding one in your home town
- Look for large aerials, especially dishes not pointing towards the Sky satellite. Call a friend on your mobile while watching: if the antenna swivels towards you, so much the better.
- Trenchcoat specialist outfitters nearby
- Local taxi drivers know where you want to go before you tell them
- Graffiti in local pub toilets in five figure groups. "EYOWE RJUAA WAVUF FUEKA -- True!"
- Internet café offers T3 bandwidth to every seat, but only runs Windows XP/NSA
- If you ask for PGP, you get a nice cup of tea and a hard stare