SAP on Tuesday launched updates to its HANA platform that include better application programming interface technology as well as improvements to provision and crunch big data workloads.
The news, detailed at SAP's TechEd & d-code conference in Las Vegas, is aiming to make it easier to onboard customers to the HANA platform whether on-premise or in the cloud. For good measure, SAP also launched a series of free engineering assessments, trial offers, simplified licensing and maintenance waiver promotions to entice enterprises to try its platform and database.
According to SAP, its HANA service pack 9 includes the following:
- Multi-tenancy to make it easier to provision and manage multiple database workloads in a hybrid environment.
- Dynamic tiering to manage large data sets.
- Data integration and quality tools.
- Streaming data for real time analytics.
- Functions for Hadoop so SAP HANA can access big data workloads directly.
As for the HANA Cloud Platform, the company focused on easier deployment of mobile apps and services, integration with Samsung wearable devices and data synchronization and push notification APIs.
On the API front, SAP also announced the beta of its API Management technology, a cloud edition designed to make it easier to develop new applications. The offering is built on Apigee technology.