SAP on Monday said that it has added a new feature pack to its Business that adds support for Apple's iPad and Research in Motion's BlackBerry.
The company said its feature pack 2.6 has been available since Feb. 1. The update allows for more customization, support for mobile devices and integration into on-premises installations. Business ByDesign is also available in Austria, Canada and Switzerland.
Among the key items in the latest feature pack:
- Adjustments of user interface, new reports and forms.
- A software developer kit for Business ByDesign add-ons.
- Integration for subsidiaries so large enterprises can extend on-premise SAP to Business ByDesign.
- Mobile support for iPad and BlackBerry. SAP said it will address Android and Windows Phone 7 support in the next update.
- Expansion of in-memory computing.
Business ByDesign has 250 customers currently signed up. SAP said it has 50 resellers and 40 partners that will grow the customer base "by several hundred" by May 2011.