Sapho is banking that machine learning will allow it to manage your personal enterprise applications so you don't have to.
The company, which is focused on integrating enterprise applications into what it calls an Employee Experience Portal, plans to use machine learning to monitor how an employee uses business applications and then dish out the most relevant information to them.
Time savings from Sapho's machine learning tools would come from less time searching, navigating various systems and completing work within legacy systems. Sapho estimates that employees spend one day a week searching enterprise systems for work information.
Sapho's machine learning features are being rolled out with key features being in tech preview. Sapho's machine learning technology integrates with business applications to provide employees with proactive notifications on things like travel thresholds, spikes in Web site traffic and even bias within approving personal time off.
CTO Peter Yared said the machine learning Sapho uses is based on user behavior and things like how long a customer lingers on a card, engages and performs actions.
The tech preview includes machine learning features such as:
- Sapho Assistant, which enables employees to ask questions in plain English and get data from systems.
- Recommended cards, which are suggestions based on how groups of employees interact with work feeds.
- Unconscious bias detection. Sapho will monitor decisions made through a system, cross references with identity and flags managers if there's bias in a decision.
Previous and related coverage:
An executive guide to artificial intelligence, from machine learning and general AI to neural networks.
The lowdown on deep learning: from how it relates to the wider field of machine learning through to how to get started with it.
This guide explains what machine learning is, how it is related to artificial intelligence, how it works and why it matters.
An introduction to cloud computing right from the basics up to IaaS and PaaS, hybrid, public, and private cloud.
- There is no one role for AI or data science: this is a team effort
- Startup Kindred brings sliver of hope for AI in robotics
- AI: The view from the Chief Data Science Office
- Salesforce intros Einstein Voice, an AI voice assistant for enterprises
- It's not the jobs AI is destroying that bother me, it's the ones that are growing